Rocket pop smoke trail

Hello guys,

I was testing for make a smoke trail using frm pop particles, i was figuring out about make a dissipation with the volume from pop but cant found solution yet, have tried with BB inside volumevop, not worked.. the idea is dissipate the last particles with age or life or something but in volume as "fade", if you know any solution i would apreciate it, there is the hip if you want test or solve.

thanks!

cheers

Carlos

rocket_trail_smoke_v01.hip

Edited by polterizer

I am working on something similar at home. Didn't check your hip file yet, but you could look at the volume rasterize points sop and set a density attribute on each particle. That sop also has some volume displacement and a few other cool features in it.

I am working on something similar at home. Didn't check your hip file yet, but you could look at the volume rasterize points sop and set a density attribute on each particle. That sop also has some volume displacement and a few other cool features in it.

Hey!

have tested the volume rasterize points same as have the whitewater default one but i dont see there dispears as dissipation at last of trail..  can you show me that ? if you can of course :)

cheers

C

Use @nage. This is the implicit normalized age of the particles. Connect that into two ramps, one for density (decreasing over nage) and one for pscale (increasing over nage). Should get you what you need.

hi,

this is more easy and work fine yes, i had diferent: using age and life connected to fit and the fit to ramp as curves then to density, works also and i compared with your, i see same result but not 100% sure :)

thank you for the method!

cheers

C

• 4 months later...