Juhani Karlsson

Rename label in multiparm list.

Yo,

I have perfectly working dynamic multiparm list. I get all the values and params ect. 
only thin I can`t find is how to rename the labels of the parameters!! I`m doing it in a python callback. Sounds so simple, but I`m new to Houdini(ex-softie) so simple things can be hard haha

Thanks a bunch,
- J

All you have to do is open the Edit Parameter Interface, select the parameter inside your Multiparm Block and rename the label with a '#' suffix, which will result in appending a number starting from 1 to your parm labels.

Cheers,

Manu

Hi,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwtpkqlksjusshe/multiparm.png?dl=0

Thanks for your answer! However it is not quite like I want it.
I need to make a character asset that loads them from file structure and updates multiparm list accordingly. At the moment though, I can`t rename the labels of the characters.
Should I use some other way to do "dynamic" lists?

Thanks a lot,
- J

How am I supposed to use the setLabel in the ParmTemplate? I`m bit confused how this should be done http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini14.0/hom/hou/ParmTemplate#setLabel

I suppose I have to use the ParmTemplateGroup? for the edits? Hmmmm

>>> n = hou.node('/obj/geo2/null2')
>>> ptg = n.parmTemplateGroup()
>>> for i in ptg.entries():
...     print i
<hou.ToggleParmTemplate name='copyinput' label='Copy Input' default_value=True>
<hou.ToggleParmTemplate name='cacheinput' label='Cache Input' default_value=False>
<hou.FolderParmTemplate name='folder0' label='Folder Name' folder_type=MultiparmBlock>
>>> ptg.find("folder0")
<hou.FolderParmTemplate name='folder0' label='Folder Name' folder_type=MultiparmBlock>
>>> f = ptg.find("folder0")
>>> f.parmTemplates()[0]
<hou.FloatParmTemplate name='parm#' label='Label' length=1 naming_scheme=Base1 look=Regular default_value=(0,)>
>>> me = f.parmTemplates()[0]
>>> me.setName("newTest#")
>>> me
<hou.FloatParmTemplate name='newTest#' label='Label' length=1 naming_scheme=Base1 look=Regular default_value=(0,)>
>>> f.setParmTemplates((me,))
>>> ptg.replace("folder0", f)
>>> n.setParmTemplateGroup(ptg)
>>> 

In order to change the name of the parm using Python, you'll have to use parmTemplates. This is a way to do it.

For some reason, a Multiparmblock can't be found via parmTemplateGroup().findFolder(), but you can access it with just find().