Wiki being spammed!?

edward

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got a moment to pop in here on my holiday.. :) Back soon - on the 11th on Jan.

These attacks are annoying - hopefully they don't get too frequent. I've blocked the couple of addresses I could.. we have to ask Marc to enable the Range Block feature of the wiki.

According to the help, I must use this page and calculate a range block using the netmask calculator to find the range - which seems to be: 60.55.0.0/16.

Maaarc? Where are you, dear sir?

B)

Oh boy... now the whole Rendering page is gone. At least we have the ability to revert back to the last clean version... but only an admin can do that.

This is from a different ip too, so I'm not sure blocking will do much good for this type of thing....

Arrrgh; what a pain! <_<

15688[/snapback]

Damn... thanks for spotting that, Mario.

So I reverted that page now. I suppose a good thing to do is to force a valid login for these pages. It seems like these edits come from anonymous users. This is another configuration tweak that Marc could make.

The way to revert is just to go to the history of a page, select the date of the entry you want to revert to and edit the page and stick "revert" as the reason. Admins can rollback too but six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The mantra optimizations pages has been spammed as well:

Look at all the links towards the bottom:

Mantra Optimizations

SOP Help Template too:

SOP Help Template

15704[/snapback]

I just tried the trick that Jason mentioned to revert those pages and it worked, woohoo! :)

Still a major pain in the butt though... different IP too... is that Korean?

hey all...

This sucks. I'll look into it on monday when I get back to work. Just got back on thursday night and I'm trying to fight off jet lag and flu all at the same time.

So far its

jet-lag 1, marc 0

flu 0, marc 1

M