installing houdini

Can anyone please tell me how to install houdini, i have no idea how to install it and i would be very thankful if someone could please explain to me how to install houdini.....the latest aprentice one....i have downloaded it but I just dont understand what your suposed to do, theres nothing that tells you what to do and there is no exe intall file for it to install it??? :(

Can anyone please tell me how to install houdini, i have no idea how to install it and i would be very thankful if someone could please explain to me how to install houdini.....the latest aprentice one....i have downloaded it but I just dont understand what your suposed to do, theres nothing that tells you what to do and there is no exe intall file for it to install it??? :(

15749[/snapback]

Hello,

From your post I'm guessing you are on Windows because you were looking for an exe file.

Perhaps you downloaded the linux version by accident?

Windows

The windows download for ver 7.0.231 can be found here:

Houdini Windows Version

If you are indeed on linux you can easily install it buy extracting the archive and executing the install file like so:

Linux

gzip -dc filename.tar.gz | tar xf -

cd HoudiniFolder

su

./houdini.install

You probably need to be root to install on linux which is why I have the sudo command up there.

Hope this helps,

Rick