Best approach to Object ID Pass

RonaldAZ

Hi there!

I would like to do a render passes where every object has a constant colour and right now I am doing it via takes ( which is very time consuming to set up).

I have also tried the op_id and primid in mantra but that doesn't give me a different colour for each object in the scene.

How would I go about doing this more efficiently? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Ronald

Op-Id gives you different colour but not what you expect :D Those are levels of white, from 0-255, I think. Render image and inspect it you will see different values.

Hi I got the same result but I have multiple objects in a single object geo node but op-id gives all the objects in that specific node a single colour, would it be possible to get separate colours for every object in the geometry node?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, crispyastrologer said:

Hello, I am trying to replicate your scene file, I created the obj_ID attributes for my objects but I can't see them in rendering for some reason! Did you do anything else?

Did you check all render passes?

• 3 years later...

Hello. Did you manage to find what was wrong? I know this is a bit old post but I tried to do the same thing as fencer has done. I have created a attribute on points and on the mantra node I created a new image plane for that attribute. But when I check that render pass it's empty. Just black. I opened the original HIP file shared by fencer and it works perfectly. So I replicated the same setup on a new file but then it doesn't work. Am I missing something?

Created a sphere and a box, created a vector attribute on both of those geo. Named it obj_ID and then in the mantra node created a new extra image plane and added the attribute name obj_ID as the VEX variable. Set it's type to vector. Hit render. The C pass has the geo. Then checked the obj_ID pass but it's empty for some reason.