Random Extrude Distance

dfmn

So I'm trying to figure out how to do a random distance on the PolyExtrude but with no luck.

I thought it would be simple with just a rand($PR) expression...

I found some old example files and they use that expression but the polyextrude is different so I guess its an older version of the extrude.

Any one that has an idea how to do this in H15?

Cheers!

Yep, the new polyextrude uses attributes rather than local variables. On the 'local control' tab you'll find toggles to enable attribute overrides for various properties. To randomise the distance, turn on 'zscale', and make sure you have a randomized @zscale attribute on the primitives feeding the extrude.

Attached 2 ways to do this, one with a prim wrangle, the other with an attribute randomize sop.

rand_polyextrude.hipnc

• Like 6

Matt you're the man!

Thanks!

Yep, the new polyextrude uses attributes rather than local variables. On the 'local control' tab you'll find toggles to enable attribute overrides for various properties. To randomise the distance, turn on 'zscale', and make sure you have a randomized @zscale attribute on the primitives feeding the extrude.

Attached 2 ways to do this, one with a prim wrangle, the other with an attribute randomize sop.

attachicon.gifrand_polyextrude.hipnc

Edited by dfmn