Glue constraint unbreakable by sop force?

Waasha

Hi!

I have a hard time trying to break the glue constraint by sop force. Other constraints (like "hard" for example) work like a charm, but glue, even with VERY low strength, doesn't seem to even notice the force..

If I break the "wall" with a rbd collision object before the explosion force happens, it works.

In the example please try to disable the rbd sphere and you will see, that it doesn't break by the explosion force on frame 10.

I need the glue constraint to keep the pieces in place before the explosion. With just the hard constraint the aren't absolutely stationary, but they are moving a bit. Is there a way to keep them stationary just with the hard constraint?

Thanks for any advice!

glue_cns_sop_force_test_V01.hip

Hi,

I think that glue constraints cannot be broken by applying force, or velocity. I think that only impacts can break it.

I had similar issues and I solved it by applying hard constraints but not between objects, but between objects and nothing. That way pieces would stick to "space" until certain force is applyed. I then remove hard constraints in Sop Solver by comparing force to treshold.

Check my last example file in this thread.

Juraj

Oh, great, thank you very much for such a quick response, Juraj!

I actually knew about this "feature" of hard constrain, but it didn't cross my mind in this situation..

Will try it right away!

And thanks for letting me know, that I'm not the only one, who can't break the glue constraint by force. It would be nice, if it would be mentioned in the help.. together with other little details about the constrains. Hopefully in the future :)

Bye!