Animation with Speed, Frame / Units per second

-HEAVY-

i thought it will be totally clever and use speed as a base and then getting meters (gridunits) per frame and manipulate tx in a transform node.

that worked in first sight but when i reduce speed by keyframing the attribute, unexpected things happen and my modell slows donw but then move backwards..

so is it me or is it some strange feature i dont understand..?!?

its all in the truck node - see the differences with the switch node

.. an please it would be great if someone could tell me where i am mistaken.

thx the

Heavy

Truck_Anim.hipnc

Edited by -HEAVY-

Well the problem is your setup really, you'd have to do something else to make it behave like you expect.

See these two example frames from your hip:

UPF (units per frame) * $F

Frame 9: 

0.68 * 9 = 6.12

Frame 79:

0.08 * 79 = 6.32

They are in roughly the same position, 70 frames apart. This is because your UPF is animated to decrease and the resulting value eventually becomes less than it was the frame before - so it moves backwards. In a perfect scenario, the UPF * $F could always equal the same number and make your truck stand perfectly still.

I guess you'd have to find a way to add your UPF to the position of the last frame, maybe in a solver or with CHOPs.

Hope it helped.

Yeah that helped a bit, thx Skybar. I see the dilemma and I was to lazy to check the calculation by myself - and i thought when the value is calculated, and then added to tx it should move this many units. now what i was mistaken is that the transform node does not keep the values from the frame before.

the "new" SOLVER node seems to be good for that, but not reverse compatible so maybe chops is better - but I have not used chops for now so I take a few examples first.