Luna - a new visual and textual programming language!

danilo2

Hello guys! 

I've posted a very similar message to sidefx forum, but I would love to post it here too. I was using this forum often in the past and I know that if you're looking for some tech geeks, odforce is the place number one to look at! :D

I'm an old Houdini user. By "old" I mean that I was using it for years, was working as TD in movie studios and have created a ton of assets used until today in some a-class movies around the world. I'm no longer using Houdini at the daily basis (which I miss sometimes), because together with a group of brilliant developers we were creating a completely new visual programming solution. Something that would change visual programming once and for all – and I think we've managed to accomplish that task :)

I'm writing here because: 
1) I love you as the community and I feel really strong connection with you guys.
2) We are thinking about incorporating Luna into Houdini one day, so this topic could be also relative to Houdini's development. 

Some of you might recognize Luna and it's connection to Flowbox (http://www.luna-lang.org 
You can ask me any questions you want - here or via mail provided at the Luna's website :)

All the best, 
Wojciech
  • Like 5

Your node graph look stellar guys ! can we use / try this node base compositing app you mention ? i've never heard about this ?

What will be the price ?

Can we use the Luna open source to lunch shell / python / mel / hscript command ?

In other word can we build a scene assembly / core pipeline tool with this ?

Basically each node could represent an assets in the process and each assets could be link together to build scenes.

each assets could also be divided in sub element like model / rig / shading etc ...

But by taking advantage of your gorgeous UI instead of some shitty QT default widgets ?

Cheers 

E

Edited by sebkaine
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you and I'm sorry for overlooking notification about your reply :)

@Nico D.It would be straightforward to bind Luna to Houdini SDK API, so you will have full power of the API from within the Luna nodes. I think this is one of the most promising ways to do it for me. I'm not sure though if we will focus in short time on doing it, but I would be very interested in this topic personally. 

@lkruel: Yes, documentation is available for the testers and will be released into the public when we Open Source Luna :)

Are you asking about language interoperability? You are able to easily create binding in Luna to libraries in other languages, like Haskell, C or JavaScript (more languages will be supported in the future). This feature is much better described on our website :)

Did I answer your question? :)

All the best,
Wojciech

Edited by danilo2