multiple collision objects

tyrn

I have a pretty simple collision setup where my particles are emitted from a source object, colliding and sliding along the ground plane as they should.

I have additional collision pops pointing to objects that make up the walls around the ground plane. As the particles slide along the ground they are supposed to hit the wall and bounce. however, they just keep sliding on the ground and go right through the wall. I've played around with the 'Hint' setting: Static Geometry, Translating Geometry, and Deformation Geometry. As well as the Collision tolerance, but, have had no luck.

I also tried adding a property pop and checked Cling, and cranking that up to various numbers.

My wall/collision objects are polygon extruded grids.

(You might use Divide to split your collision object into tri's too.)

Is it because they're currently clinging to one poly that they won't collide with another (non-adjacent poly)?

16248[/snapback]

Tried the tris thing... I do think it could be that they are sliding/clinging to the groundplane, which somehow is overiding the particles ability to collide with the wall object.

Weird - it worked for me.

I set up an emitter that dropped particles onto a polygonal grid (floor) with the collision behavior set to slide and set up a separate polygonal grid to act as a wall with the collision bevhavior set to bounce and it did the right thing right out of the box.

Tyrn, are you using setting the collision behaviour to Slide on Collision in a Collide POP?

Once a particle goes into sliding behaviour, it won't collide anymore. It's a known limitation. For simple cases like a ground plane, you might be able to get away with just doing regular bounce behaviour to get sliding.

PS. yes, this will appear to work for some special people on simple cases because they're likely using some special build. ;)