Sign in to follow this  
maansrune

Cloth Attach Constraint based on points in a group

Hey guys

I'm playing around with some cloth and I'm wondering if there is a way to add an expression to the "Constrained points" of "Cloth Attach Constraint" node?

I have a selection of points in a group all ready, is there anyway I can read the content of this group inside the DOP network? An expression? point(something something)?

All ideas are welcome. I'm just really tired of manually selecting each point every time the freaking model updates.

Cheers!

EDIT: Or a way to use a loop selection tools when the "Attach to Body" shelf tool prompts you to select points to attach. SHIFT+A+MMB doesn't work.

Edited by maansrune

SOLVED.

I found the expression I was looking for:

`pointlist("../OUT_CLOTH", "neck_grp")`

It only required that the initial group was created with a selection of point rather than primitives. Is there a way to convert a group entity after the fact? Like from primitives to points?

can't you just put the name of the group into Constrained Points parm instead of pointlist() expression?

... Is there a way to convert a group entity after the fact? Like from primitives to points?...

Group SOP/Edit/Convert

can't you just put the name of the group into Constrained Points parm instead of pointlist() expression?

I tried, it didn't seem to work, but if you have experience with it working I might have done something wrong.

Group SOP/Edit/Convert

Thanks man, appreciated :)

I have the same issue and I can`t solve this. I have a geometry SOP, where I create a group node with points I wish to constrain.

Neither expression nor group name in Constrained Points of Cloth Attach Constraint node in DOP Network works.

Expression:

`pointlist("../MY_GEO", "CONSTR_GROUP")`

clothConstrain.hipnc

You do not need that expression. You just have to put the grp name on the "constr" you can see if you middle click on gravity even before the constrain u can see the grp name.

HTH. 

Captureb.PNG

Capturea.PNG

• Like 1