Varisht Raheja - First Student FX Reel

Varishtraheja

not too bad for only having worked with Houdini for 3 months,

but as a reel it could use a lot of work, especially if you intend to use it to get hired.

I'll give you a couple of pointers:

* try to make it more consistent, the audio visualisation starts quite suddenly.

you could try to play the track over the entire video and timing your effect to start at the time that part starts.

The rest of the transitions in the video are also very inconsistent right now, at the start you have an animated transition,

that "feels" to fast, but for the rest it just goes to black and then the next scene.

Just using very short "scene-fade to black-fade to scene" transitions would be already a lot better.

* Be more clear, the color change effect especially is not clear at all,

in a way that it does not demonstrate your skills because its very difficult to see what is supposed to happen.

This effect could be just as easily be achieved in video editing as in Houdini,

so I would suggest changing the way the effect is applied so it looks more difficult to achieve, without using Houdini.

* The destruction scene looks quite alright, but I would advise using a custom background (not the default Houdini Groundplane)

Edited by acey195

• 1 month later...