Flickering (Bullet Sim + Glass Shader)

Hey, guys! I am currently working on my bachelor thesis film. A scene contains a crystal hitting the ground and shattering. Unfortunately, I experienced a strong flickering in my rendered images, different from the typical sampling noise.

I am not sure what causes the flickering. I assume the Bullet sim itself is the reason. The pieces intersect a little bit and never stop moving completely. The problem is more evident with a glass-like shader than say in a clay shader. I played a little bit around with the Collision Padding and the Threshold parameters, but it didn't bring the cure.

I also tried some symptom treatment via freezing the pieces, when they reach a certain velocity threshold. But this wasn't a true solution because the pieces sometimes stopped in the mid-air.

Maybe the problem is shader-related...

In earlier stages of my work I had some problems with the normals, but in the meanwhile I fixed them. So I don't think the problem is normals-related.

Does anyone have ideas how to fix this?

I included a video showing the problem and the scene file.

Edit: Problem Solved!

flickering_002.mov

crystal_001_v196.hiplc

Edited by AlSk