Sign in to follow this  
supremeoh

smoke trail help

Hey Dan, I am not sure what samples you are missing. Did you try POP Source > Birth tab > Interpolate Source > Forward or Back. Using this you can try lowering your substeps. Is that what you are after?

Hey,

Thanks, I think its helping. What about the age of the smoke? When I make a flipbook it seems like the rate at which it enlarges closer to the source isn't fast enough, which is making it appear like there's the gap in the renders.  I tried multiplying constant, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Any other suggestions? thanks

Hi Dan,

You need more particles or to make the particles bigger.

To make more particles change the Impulse Count to something like 30.

To make the particles bigger increase pscale. For your scene,  pointvop1>fit1>Desination Min from 0 to 3.

You'd profit much more from learning/using point clusters with a smoke sim. Check the docs for Pyro Cluster. Its purpose is to create many smaller sims to better capture long or broken up emitters/sims. The down side is the requirement to use points instead of sdf for the source. This means weaker sources which can be pumped up to counteract. The larger downside is the smaller sims can't "talk" to each other.

Hey Jim,

The other issue that I found in the rendering is that there's gaps in between the smoke. Is there anyway to fill in the gaps. I can't find a way to add more points? And even increasing the particle count doesn't help. Thanks 

To make more particles change the Impulse Count to something like 30.

If you do not like the frequency of the noise in your volumes, increase/decrease the frequency. In your scene volumevop1>turbsnoise2>Frequency.

Beyond that you'd have to post an image.