NEW TUTORIAL: Alembic Vector Motion Blur Tutorial- A Houdini, Maya, Arnold and Fusion or Nuke Workflow 

Thanks for watching and Sharing! If you have any suggestion, please come them in! Thanks :)

Edited by cgvirus

Ive just watched the first 5 min but what you doing there is totally wrong.

first, the trail sop does not work on meshed geo that are generated on every frame like this fluid mesh. and then you adding point position to (faulty) velocities and normalizing them. That doesnt make any sense

40 minutes ago, sekow said:

Ive just watched the first 5 min but what you doing there is totally wrong.

first, the trail sop does not work on meshed geo that are generated on every frame like this fluid mesh. and then you adding point position to (faulty) velocities and normalizing them. That doesnt make any sense

Thanks for your feedback! Arnold documented to Normalize vel data for motion vector pass.
You are right. I wanted to create a HDA for htomaya....where i can transform the alembic in maya and velocity will update accordingly. So I put a tranform sop before the VOP and add that P. I actually have the HDA and working pretty fine with a tranform SOP with some MEL. Mistakenly I remained it in the tut while creating.
Thanks for the heads up anyway! :)

Edited by cgvirus