Particles... grrr

djpeanut

Hi,

I'm trying to create something quite simple. I have a grid that represents the surface of a body of water and I've birthed 100 particles on it for testing. The idea is that a geo object (a sphere in my testing) comes up from beneath the surface and out of the 'water', and some of the particles bounce off and fly back into the water (at which point they die), and some of them cling to the sphere, slide down it and fall off the bottom, back into the water (likewise, the particles can die at this point).

I've tried many times to get the behaviour of the collision right, but I can't seem to give the colliding particles any mass - with bounce and slide, they just hit the moving sphere and bounce off upwards into nothingness. And how do i separate the particles into two groups, so one group can bounce and the other slide?

Help :(

the trick is to kill the colliding particle and at the same time to create a new one with new velocity, mass, etc

make the PP attribute values of the newly created particle dependent by the PP values of the old ( colliding ) one.

Add and some random stuff to make them behave nicely.

hey djpeanut

if u looking for a solution to break up particles into groups, try the group POP and instead of using the "rule" feature, use the rand feature, it gives u the option of how many groups u want to create,

Under that, create different collision pops, focused on different groups, hence having different results.

hope this helps

aracid :blink: