Diff smoke density between sim in viewport and render

I am new to volume render in Houdini, i have a problem, I have a basic smoke sim, from viewport the simulation looks high detail and very dense, when i use the according smoke import node which has a DOP I/O to render, I found the density is very weak and a lot of detail missing, even the shape is a little bit different, i do not know why.

Hi,
maybe it's caused by different visualization densities. Have you changed Smoke Density parameter in your Smoke Object node?
If yes, you can add Volume Visualization node with same settings after your DOP I/O node - for viewport visualization.
And then in your volume shader you can use the same numbers to achieve similar result to what you see in viewport.

Juraj

34 minutes ago, Juraj Tomori said:

Hi,
maybe it's caused by different visualization densities. Have you changed Smoke Density parameter in your Smoke Object node?
If yes, you can add Volume Visualization node with same settings after your DOP I/O node - for viewport visualization.
And then in your volume shader you can use the same numbers to achieve similar result to what you see in viewport.

Juraj

Yes, you are right, but still looks like more detail in viewport and less detail in render.

Interesting,
it should be reversed (more detail in render than in viewport) :)

Are you rendering it with the same lighting as in viewport? Could you post some preview (viewport render and mantra render)?

Edited by Juraj Tomori

4 minutes ago, Juraj Tomori said:

Interesting,
it should be reversed (more detail in render than in viewport) :)

Are you rendering it with the same lighting as in viewport? Could you post some preview (viewport render and mantra render)?

Ok, i will prepare some after work, btw, I did not apply any shader, no material assigned to this volume, in general it should match at least close to what I saw in viewport right? I mean equal density setting.