Houdini reaction diffusion

none

There are examples out there doing this with VEX and you could also use COPs and set up an image based reaction-diffusion setup, but I'm pretty sure you could tweak the differential growth setup to fake this pretty good...

• Like 1

of course amin :

" This is reaction diffusion simulation. You can read more about reaction diffusion equations here: mrob.com/pub/comp/xmorphia/ and here: phylogenous.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/alan-turings-reaction-diffusion-model-simplification-of-the-complex/.
Reaction diffusion equations describes the rate of change of two chemical substances.
I solved this equation by using VEX in combination with SOP solver. This animation was done by solving two partial differential equations of Gray Scott model. Different patterns was achieved by changing paramteres of the simulation. "

;)

Edited by 6ril
in case...

It is basically animated displaced noise.

Try applying a MantraSurface to a tube object and activate the Displacement features of the surface. Animate the offset to make it move.

Come on Matt ! He is demanding his effect, delivered, finished in a hip file.
Not for some for some hints or knowledge or any other useful info !

More seriously tho, Amin CGI, you should welcome all info from this forum, bluntly asking for a hip file seems to me a little "harsh".

You'll get there thanks to the community, but there is a learning curve, there's research to do and if you really want a hip file, AT LEAST you should make it yourself to expose where you are stumbling.

Language can be a barrier sometime, but show some effort and this forum will respond.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, musamaster said:

Not only you want a .hip file to cut corners and have people do the work for you, you also post all the amazing collaborative work people do here and post it as R&D on your vimeo. 

https://vimeo.com/amincgi/videos 

This "Human" behavior is so normal nowadays!! Its a real shame, when I see posts like this, begin for a .hip file without pity. Sometimes I really miss the old community!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, musamaster said:

Not only you want a .hip file to cut corners and have people do the work for you, you also post all the amazing collaborative work people do here and post it as R&D on your vimeo. 

https://vimeo.com/amincgi/videos 

Don't forget the watermarks on his videos. Watermarks are very important, so people don't steal your stuff! :D

@Amin CGI This behaviour will get you nowhere really. When you just take what other people do and sell it as your own, then you have learned nothing at all. Sure, you have some nice sequences for your reel, but any senior houdini artist will notice if you know what you are talking about when you start working in a company, or even during the first interview. So in the long run, the joke is on you ;) 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think it's all been very well said by everyone here. He's fled the scene, so I'll lock the thread and we can all move on. Either way I'm still amazed by the differential growth thread, so even though his motives weren't the best, you guys turned it into something amazing! :) 

M

• Marc changed the title to Houdini reaction diffusion
  • Marc locked this topic