Houdini 15.5

Love it. Even the stuff that didn't get a big mention like the fur improvements (allowing of wild selections in the groom).

I can't see any reason to use a 3rd party app now for detailed hair/fur descriptions.  

So much for modellers and artists. Native tri-planar projection!

Brilliant!

Edited by abvfx

Those modelling improvement are killer, and, didn't foresee the viewport displacement at all. Well done!

Lots of nice extra new stuff in the journal but the first entry is 15.5.425? 

2 hours ago, marty said:

Lots of nice extra new stuff in the journal but the first entry is 15.5.425? 

Yeah... :) When H15.0 was released, the trunk source code got version bumped up to 15.5. But for various reasons, it was better to use the 15.0 branch for the mid-year release as a starting point instead. But we had already had lots of builds in trunk using "15.5" as the main version number. So what happened was that trunk got its version bumped up and a new 15.5 was branched from the 15.0 source code. We didn't want overlapping build numbers so the new 15.5 took build numbers from where the old 15.5 left off. Then features that were to go into the 15.5 branch were backported from the trunk baseline.

• Like 2

mmm, can anyone explain what the new option "Axis align islands" in UV layout is doing? (it is not documented yet). Makes me think that is aligns all islands by the same axis. It doesn't behave as I would expect though. so what is that doing exactly?