CLOTH to CLOTH Constrain

Sankar Kumar

Hi, 

Any one please explain me how to attach based on point groups to attach two or more cloths together (similar to component to component constrain in maya) Attaching with animated objects based on groups works fine but if both are cloth objects constrains won't update while simulation. Also my simulation freeze after frame 62 any one please guide me a proper approach. Please check the attachment for reference 

Cloth Constrains Issue.hip

Edited by Sankar Kumar

To constrain two cloth objects together you could use the cloth stich constraint. The one thing which is important is that the pointcount in each group has to be the same, otherwise it won't work. See the docs - cloth stich constraint.
Attached is a simple example file.

Dennis

constrain_clothToCloth_example_v01.hipnc

Edited by DennisSchmidt

1 hour ago, DennisSchmidt said:

To constrain two cloth objects together you could use the cloth stich constraint. The one thing which is important is that the pointcount in each group has to be the same, otherwise it won't work. See the docs - cloth stich constraint.
Attached is a simple example file.

Dennis

constrain_clothToCloth_example_v01.hipnc

Thanks, but what i am trying to create is to create some thing like component to component constrain in maya. I know i need to create a custom solver for this, i am looking for tips/ideas to achieve this. For now based on distance i can create constrains but i am missing something. Constrains actually created but not working properly i think i need to update the constrains each frames during simulation. But i don't know how to achieve this