Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

alican

Knitting in Houdini

26 posts in this topic

Thanks! It would be great to see if you come up with a tool. I hope the hip file helps. Cheers!

Awesome, thanks! Rare topic. Odforum is always good about examples, but there is only a few themes about production quality modeling networks made in Houdini.

this is really nice person, i admire it. sharing something that has drain energy to develop it. thanks alican to support person like me who want make visual fx in my country become more nicer.

big thanks for once more.

This is fantastic Alican! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Its great, I only dont know how to render this out? I can see just one part of cloth...  during "foreach" probably... How You render this please?

BK

Hi bretik, I didn't include any of the the rendering or shading nodes. But it is very straightforward. I rendered the whole geometry as curves with width attribute and the render flag is set to the last node of the chain. Some things might change depending on which render engine you want use. That was it basically.  

Thanks alican,

bt when I set render flag on last node (attribwrangle2) I render just small part of geometry. I also ad hair material (Im usiing Mantra) but i think its not get UVs..

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

1 person likes this

Hey bretik, at some point in the network I just transfer the color from uv's to points. You might need to activate using point colors in the shader to get the colors and also check if the path to the texture is correct in your hip file=) And in your second  image it seems there is only one iteration of the for loop happening. Cheers!

Thanks Alican,

texture works for me as far as I disabled "attribdelete5" (uv)

but still cant get to render whole geometry, just one iteration as you mentioned...

B.

U1.jpg

U2.jpg

I think it is just "Single Pass" option is ticked in the final for each loop. I can see it from the image "Gather: 73" it writes next the node. Just turn off the single pass option and it will generate every iteration but it will take some time around 30 seconds to minute. It might be heavy for your viewport so it is best to put the render flag to that node and visibility to a lighter node for the viewport.

Great, Right, Im blind...

so its working now. but still not get UVs ... 

they are deleted in "attribdelete5" ..but even when I disable it UVs disepeard after node "foreach_begin3" ...

KnitRnD_Exp2.hiplc.mantra1.0080.jpg