alican

Knitting in Houdini

Hi Alican,

I've also a problem to render this. I attached a material (mantra surface) to the knitting obj. And switched on 'use point color'. in 'attribvop11' in map i put the correct path to the texture. But this is the result. What am i doing wrong?

Knit.png

hey guys. I know this is old. but i can't get it done with another input geometry. even a simple sphere is not working. i don't get it that there have to be 2 input geometries with (different?) uv maps either. can someone explain the example to me, how it would work with a simple sphere? do the polygons really need to be squared? and how do i do that within maya?

//edit. i found the solution. it's mandatory to model the object it very nicely, try to avoid any points, where more (or less) than 4 polygons are shared (so no remeshing!). and then within mayas bonus tools theres a nice UV auto-unwrapper. check uniform faces/proportional scale, to get squared UVs. 

Edited by fortysix

Hi fortysix, the hip file is just a prototype that works with the embedded model. If you want to use it with another model there is bit of prep work to be done. There is a nice example Alexander Weide did by using this hip file but yeah its not a plug your model and thats it type of solution.  You need to dig it in a little bit unfortunately. Also some parts might have been over complicated than it should...

Maybe it's me, but I can't get it to work...

The files "ClothB.obj" and "ClothBPointOrder.obj" are missing for me, so I can't even get past the first node for some reason.

Could anyone upload those files?

Thanks,
--Markus