CG Short film, WIP

bandini

This style is really really ultimate, to create art like this is my final goal. Its like when you see stunning concept art on deviantart buts its only a photoshop brush drawing, but the style and awe-inspiring concept/perspective is still there. You have done it in full CG - truly great work.

You should try a kickerstarter campaign haha work like this could potentially be a sort of web series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back and able to continue work on this.  Here is an almost complete shot using the fluid R&D. Just missing some little defocused floaties in the foreground.

Background is made of about 1/2 billion particles casting shadows and obscuring the main fluid sim. Some heavy render times, but worth the cost.

Took me a couple weeks of attempts to figure out how to create the look I wanted, in terms of shader/geometry solutions to get the silky volumetric look with a sense of light bouncing through the dark fluid. More shots coming soon, now that I have this figured out.
Edited by bandini
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those env. shots at the beginning are amazing. The meteor part could use some improvements - beside what Marty said, I'd say a more detailed smoke trail and there's something off with the big water splash... I can't put my finger on it as I'm not a "sim guy" but there's something about it that makes it look not at the scale one expects it to be.

The underwater golden liquid sim&anim are also great.