particle attach to characters hand

Kobayashi

Hi all

I want to attach a particles to characters right hand but I just could make parent 

in my scene.

(I think I just want get right hand's world position then that particles is following right hand.

now that particle just moving in local scale.

Should I use deform? then how to do?? 

Please help me... 

or just tell me good tutorial 

please

aaa.jpg

A.hipnc

Is there a reason you wouldn't use the hand as the particle emitter itself? What sort of effect are you trying to achieve? Two quick ways would be to blast out just the hand and use that as your particle emitter. Drop down a trail sop set to compute velocity if you want the particles to inherit some velocity from the animation of the model (Pop source node, Attributes tab, Use inherited Velocity). 

Another way if you wanted something in the palm of her hand for example, would be to use a point expression to match the transformation of a sphere to a point in the palm of her hand. In this case 2109 seemed like a good candidate. In the translate fields of a transform sop you write three things for each component, X Y and Z. The tooltip will pop up when you start writing to tell you what it expects, but in the case of your model I wrote the following, 

point("../normal1/",2109,"P",0) for the X component, then for the Y just make the last number a 1, and 2 for Z. 

http://archive.sidefx.com/docs/houdini15.0/expressions/point

That won't do anything fancy like matching orientation or transferring normals etc, but could be good enough for what you need. 

girl_particle_hand.PNG

girl_particle_hand_network.PNG

girl_sphere_hand.PNG

girl_sphere_hand_network.PNG

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your reply!

I will try to do this.

I just want Aura trail of hand. Like magic effect. 

I really appreciate you and this site Thank you.

I have a question How did you make group of hand??

Please answer me if you have time. 

anyway Can I get your scene what you did for me please?

I think I can learn from it..

Edited by Kobayashi

Welcome :) 

Grouping the hand was literally just a rough viewport selection. Not pretty but I wasn't really digging into the fbx to see if the geometry had been grouped. In an ideal world the hand would be in its own group at source, say 'right_hand', so you could just delete non selected based off that group and get the hand. Direct point or primitive selections are a bit of a no no as if the point count of the incoming geometry changes so will your selection. Best to set it up as procedural as possible. That way of the animation on the model changes, but your geometry groups stay the same, re-importing your new anim shouldn't affect anything downstream. 

My station is just a little tied up at the moment rendering some bits but I will remake the hip and upload it for you at some point today :) 

Edit: Here you go. Have popped some notes in the file too. Just make sure you're in the 'Peasant_girl' geometry off to the right, as that's where its all happening. Very primitive but hopefully gives you a base to start from. 

A_v02.hipnc

Edited by adrianr
Attach hip file

Thank you again !

Okay Then I should make particles from sphere on her hand So, I think I need to use that expression what you told me.  

You attached sphere to a point (2109) by expression right? I will try it!  

I will learn a lot of things from your scene anyways, (Houdini is really hard to learn in my country haha.

Thank you so much again.