miccetro

@petz or anybody really lol I need to figure out a way to do something similar to the effects in the video between times 4:22 - 6:05 .I'd be grateful for any tips, files, advice anything. @mattakThanks for the link, it has some nice setups but I want to have control over the flowing droplets and so forth. Thanks for for replies and all future help.

https://vimeo.com/40954039

On 29.6.2016 at 2:55 AM, miccetro said:

@petz or anybody really lol I need to figure out a way to do something similar to the effects in the video between times 4:22 - 6:05 .I'd be grateful for any tips, files, advice anything. @mattakThanks for the link, it has some nice setups but I want to have control over the flowing droplets and so forth. Thanks for for replies and all future help.

https://vimeo.com/40954039

could you be a bit more specific about the problem, as  i´m always willing to help but rather don´t like the idea of providing scene files with the full implementation for an effect like this. it might be best if you just upload what you have done so far, so people can take a look at it. if you try to tackle one problem after the other and ask for help, i´m sure people here in this forum will help you.

petz

• 2 years later...
On 7/3/2016 at 5:07 AM, petz said:

take a look at the attached file. it´s just one way how you could do it but might give you some ideas ...

hth.

petz

droplets.hipnc

Hi @petz!

Was studying your droplet file, it looks awesome =) Still pretty new to Houdini, may I ask you a few qns?

1) im not familiar with chopnet, may I know what is the chopnet in here doing?
2) In the solver, in the wrangle -
    a ) (float pscale = primuv(@OpInput2, "pscale", prim, prim_uv);) - why do you used primuv to find the pscale?
    b ) (float dist_temp = (@pscale + pscale) * 0.6;) - what is a dist_temp, why do you + both the pscale together?
    c ) (if(dist <= dist_temp && prim_uv.x > 0.8)) - why do you need the "prim_uv.x" portion? 

Thank you for your time! 

Edited by nestyin
accidently uploaded when i wasnt done with typing

1) the chopnet is used to procedurally adjust the “flowing” speed of the animated point (droplet). on flatter areas it simply gets slowed down.
2a) the curve (following the animated point) uses pscale as an attribute for fading out the size of droplets towards the tail of the curve.
2b) it’s used to delete all points which distance to the curve is above a given threshold
2c) xyzdist() returns the closest position on the prim in parametric coordinates (primuv). in our case it’s a curve and so it returns just one useful value which is u. in other words, it’s the position along the curve.

hth. petz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1