problem with hard constraint

Grucho

Hello guys,

how is going? I have a problem with a setup and I cannot get my head around it. I have a set of objects that need to be constraint to a animated and deforming geometry. Those boxes needs to follow it without any delay, to collide with it and to collide with each other. I build a basic setup to test it but the hard constraint are stretching and I don't get why. Can somebody help me please?

Here the setup file. Thanks in advanced. 

test_constraint_01.hip

Your constraint setup is not complete. The constraint needs two names so it knows what to connect. At the moment you only have the name of the boxes. What you are missing is the name for the second point of each constraint which in your case is "box0". One possible solution would be to initialize the name with "box0" and override the second point of each constraint with the corresponding box. And since the constraint attaches the boxes to the moving object you shouldn't be adding the same movement  of the Ball to the constraints before importing to DOP's.
Maybe the image in this post will help understand how constraints are typically set up:

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask any further questions
Dennis

• Thanks 1