[SOLVED]Adjust Mocap T-Pose in CHOPs?

Atom

Hi All,

I am moving further along with my attempt to use a BVH file with a Make Human exported model. I decided to give up on BVH re-targeting and simply capture the geometry from the Make Human import while the BVH is in t-pose on frame #1.

I am close, but the t-pose my character strikes in Make Human is slightly different from the the t-pose embedded in frame #1 of the BVH. There is no way to edit poses in Make Human AFAIK.

I would like to edit the mocap data for a few bones on frame #1 just to tweak the starting positions to more closely match my Make Human t-pose.

I have a CHOP network with a ton of data and I don't know how to isolate the channel I need for further processing?

Is it like SOPs? Do I create a group by name, alter a transform then merge it back in?

I really don't know what the workflow would be in this case. One of the bone names I want to tweak is lForeArm_To_lHand.

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_BVH_FK_rig_1b.hiplc

Edited by Atom

Thank you, now I get it. Each node can operate upon any data channel as filtered by the Scope parameters. After dropping down a transform for the left and right arm I am able to bend that bone into the correct location.

If I animate that value to be custom on frame #1 and 0 the rest of the time I just might be able to bind this mesh to a BVH file...

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

After adding a series of Transform nodes for specific mocap channels (i.e. bone names) I am really close on the mesh to rig capture. But I do have an area near the left shoulder that I just can't seem to tame.

Does anyone have any tips on how to refine the capture on the bones? I have been clicking and dragging the handles to produce coverage as shown by the colors. But some colors seem to come from an unknown area?

Untitled-1.jpg

ap_BVH_FK_rig_1c.hiplc

at the very end of your SOP chain (before the Deform SOP)

put a Capture Correct SOP

with Clamp Weights Below Low Threshold to Zero = ON

this will fix most of the issues - there are few points not captured at all that you'll see right away - you can fix this by adjusting lCollar_To_lShldr bone > Capture Top Cap > set it to about 3.0

the results are not bad considering, you may want to go in and smooth the attributes with a capture paint...