Any idea ..

lanchka

Hello all.

Okay is this a glitch or does the softselect in the edit sop not work on edge loops?

Secondly could someone tell me how to do this?

I want to selct something like a parial edge loop.

What I want to do is basically select 2 edges on a loop and then select all the edges in between in one direction(which may be defined by the direction of the little arrow ).

Is there a way to do this?

If not could someone write an otl for this.

(How do I make a screengrab of the viewer pane?Would like to show what i am tryin to describe)

softselect in the edit sop not work on edge loops

soft selection only works on point selections, not edges.. you can still make your loop and just change your selection from edges to points by hitting '1'.

want to selct something like a parial edge loop.

What I want to do is basically select 2 edges on a loop and then select all the edges in between in one direction(which may be defined by the direction of the little arrow ).

no way to select two edges and have it get the edges in between. (at least that i know of).. what i would do is start at the edge you want to begin at and hit 'f' and step forward one by one until you end up at the edge you want to be at..

(How do I make a screengrab of the viewer pane?Would like to show what i am tryin to describe)

A. print screen button if your on windows.. (don't know how linux handles print screen)..

or

B. Do a flipbook render of your viewer and save the image out..

That's what l does, a partial loop. To do a full loop, you have to do Shift+l.

The reason why it doesn't look like it behaves that way is because it extends from the last picked edge in *both* directions. So do to what you want, you just need one extra edge behind to stop it from also going backwards. ie.

- select the edge you want to stop at

- select the edge you want to begin from, make sure the direction is right

- hit f once to go into the desired direction

- hit l to complete the partial loop

That's what l does, a partial loop. To do a full loop, you have to do Shift+l.

The reason why it doesn't look like it behaves that way is because it extends from the last picked edge in *both* directions. So do to what you want, you just need one extra edge behind to stop it from also going backwards. ie.

- select the edge you want to stop at

- select the edge you want to begin from, make sure the direction is right

- hit f once to go into the desired direction

- hit l to complete the partial loop

17108[/snapback]

great tip ..I didnt know that . :)

thanks