Non-uniform particle separation

TheScarecrow

I'm working on FLIP simulation in large container (25x15x5), which is pretty slow with 0.025 particle separation. But I still need more details on collision areas. I tried to add noise on points of collider - it helps, but still not enough.

Is there any way to have more detailed sim (lower particle sep) on specific areas, and lesser details on others? By mask or regions, maybe.

OibjPapKAbw.jpg

Hi,
as far as I know it is not possible. FLIP simulation is also using volumetric representation of fluid and it requires to have even density of particles.

You can however run second simulation on top of the first. You can emit particles from some areas ( splashy, swirly particles ) and have them collide with base sim and also have them advected by base sim.

With layering you get more control above your simulation and also faster simulation times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juraj said:

Hi,
as far as I know it is not possible. FLIP simulation is also using volumetric representation of fluid and it requires to have even density of particles.

You can however run second simulation on top of the first. You can emit particles from some areas ( splashy, swirly particles ) and have them collide with base sim and also have them advected by base sim.

With layering you get more control above your simulation and also faster simulation times.

Hey juraj

is there a tutorail about this techquic out there? i couldn't find any.

@pusat, thanks for video. It looks interesting but I haven't seen anything like this done in Houdini. Is there a tool / workflow for that? :)

@angelous4x I do not know about any tutorial covering this. Similar thing was done in this video, there is short video description:

Check on this forum topics about advecting and collisions and you might be able to come up with some solution :)

Maybe somebody other knows more about this topic? :) But I think that basically it is similar to way foam / whitewater is generated?