Cliff project

Federico

Thanks =) Yeah i noticed it too. Also, if you go frame by frame you can see that the first splash it's too sudden. I will probably have to redo the simulation lowering the velocity scale of the debris, but the simulation took 36 hours with 25.000.000 particles and i'm not really happy if i think about redoing it :( Anyways attached you can find my actual status of the water's shader without comp

water.tiff

On 16/08/2016 at 4:34 PM, Federico said:

Hi guys, i'm starting a new shot. With this shot i want to finally achieve a nice shading/lighting for the water, something that i never manage to get right. I still have to simulate the whitewater and fix some errors in the flip/ocean borders.

https://vimeo.com/179056188

Scale is wrong. That`s why the splash is so big. Scale everything up ;)

6 hours ago, cudarsjanis said:

Scale is wrong. That`s why the splash is so big. Scale everything up ;)

The scene's scale? For now i reduced from 18 to 3 the velocity scale and it's seems fine. Scaling the container (keeping the proportions with the obj) whould change the behavior radically?

5 minutes ago, Federico said:

The scene's scale? For now i reduced from 18 to 3 the velocity scale and it's seems fine. Scaling the container (keeping the proportions with the obj) whould change the behavior radically?

Just check if it`s in real world units :)

Looks bit small for now. The bigger the scene the longer shattered pieces will fall and that will change simulation as well of course. Just saying that try to work in real world units ;)

You can scale the container and increase the particles separation value, so you don`t kill your machine/.

have fun

31 minutes ago, cudarsjanis said:

Just check if it`s in real world units :)

Looks bit small for now. The bigger the scene the longer shattered pieces will fall and that will change simulation as well of course. Just saying that try to work in real world units ;)

You can scale the container and increase the particles separation value, so you don`t kill your machine/.

have fun

The scene seems scaled in real world units, but i want to try as you said with a scaled scene and see the different behavior/look. In the meantime i replaced the old video with a new wip. But i'm a bit concerned about the water colliding with the container's wall, it could give away the realism when merged with the ocean.