Atom

UVs along each hair strand?

Atom    516

Hi All,

Is there any way to have UVs travel along each hair strand using the fur system?

When I apply the UV color grid to my hair it does color the hair but I would like to see the checkboard pattern along each strand, not broadly spread across the entire wig.

Untitled-1.jpg

Atom    516

This is a fur setup with a lot of sub nodes, where should I add the UV Texture node?

allow editing of content on fur node, dive in, find "fur" node and inside after "create_fur1"

you might try to cerate the UV on guides and then transfer them into fur strands, but I didnt test that

01.jpg

• Like 1

mawi    58

The global t in hair shader is 0-1 along the hair. Open the hair shader and have a look at how the opacity ramp is applied.

Atom    516

Thanks for the feedback. Martin's node placement worked for me but I needed to use Face instead of Rows and Columns to achieve the look.

Untitled-1.jpg

Now to test and see if it holds up under Redshift rendering...

Edited by Atom

Tex    11

Sorry for the vintage bump, I saw your post on the RS forums as well I was having the same problem. I was wondering how you managed to lock down the UV's on the hair?

I've tried throwing down a rest SOP on the HairGeo but it doesn't seem to work like it usually does.

Edited by Tex

Atom    516

I kind of gave up on this. I don't think Redshift supports what I was trying to do at this time and Mantra is not really an option for me.