vrman

Fade volume near object

vrman    0

i want fade my volume when its near to other objects , anyone know how can i do this with volume vop or other solutions ?

thanks

Juraj    163

Hi,
in your volume VOP / volume wrangle you can compute distance to closest point in geometry and based on that multiply your density value.

You can use xyzdist() or nearpoint() functions.

Shinjipierre    31

another way is to create a volume from your object, blur it and substract it using a volume wrangle or volume mix, whatever is faster on computation time :) (as xyzdist can get slow)

vrman    0
6 hours ago, Juraj said:

Hi,
in your volume VOP / volume wrangle you can compute distance to closest point in geometry and based on that multiply your density value.

You can use xyzdist() or nearpoint() functions.

Thanks , Could you please give me a hip file for volume vop example ?

Edited by vrman

vrman    0
6 hours ago, Shinjipierre said:

another way is to create a volume from your object, blur it and substract it using a volume wrangle or volume mix, whatever is faster on computation time :) (as xyzdist can get slow)

thanx great idea , could you tell me how can i do this via VEX ? i  cant get volume density from input 1 or 2 with this code prim(1,"density",0).

another question , when i try to blur my volume , it will goes into my objects, is this possible to pushing out my volume ? something similar to what peak sop do ?

Edited by vrman