Is the DopeSheet broken?

Atom

Hi All,

I have not used the dope sheet a lot in Houdini but I have in other applications. Houdini's implementation seems to be cludgy and broken compared to C4D, Blender, or even After Effects.

To keep things from disappearing I essentially have to pin everything, in this case two channels on different nodes. I want to match the channel on one node to the approximate frame range of another animated channel in another node.

In this image All Displayed is showing the wrong information. I Searched actually has key frames that should be displayed but are not appearing in either channel.

Untitled-3.jpg

If I click on I Searched all the key frames get highlighted but All Displayed is still wrong. Shouldn't it show the content of I Searched as well?

Untitled-2.jpg

And notice this, when I start selecting, the dope sheet reveals previously invisible keyframes that of course do not appear in All Displayed either. Shouldn't those white bars in the yellow box have been displayed as green bars prior to selection?

Untitled-1.jpg

The copy and paste seems flaky too. Also when I zoom using SPACE-BAR_RIGHT_CLICK only the timeline at the top scales and not the actual keyframes themselves. The main purpose of scaling the timeline is to see where the new keyframes are located which are not updated until I let go of the space bar. I have to admit that Cinema4D is miles ahead of Houdini in this area.

This is certainly harshing my mellow.:(

At least the Graph editor seems to work ok.

Edited by Atom

12 hours ago, Atom said:

Also when I zoom using SPACE-BAR_RIGHT_CLICK only the timeline at the top scales and not the actual keyframes themselves. The main purpose of scaling the timeline is to see where the new keyframes are located which are not updated until I let go of the space bar. I

You can MMB on the thin adjustable bar thingy, above the timeline, to have it update whilst zooming, until the rest is fixed