Transparent Png?

Does the logo transparency on the main page bother you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Does the logo transparency on the main page bother you?

• Yes
    • No
    • What are you talking about?

To all who have no idea what I'm on about then you're probably using anything but IE5.5+, so you can probably safely ignore this. For the rest, the png on the front page won't display it's transparency correctly.

There are some very fancy and very long javascript/IE hacks to fix this problem, but I'm not sure if it is a problem in the first place, hence the poll.

The dilemma I'm having is not so much in implementing it, it's bogging down the code even more with frivolous hacks just because M$ can't get their act together, and therefore making the pages load slower and increasing our bandwidth usage.

Having said that though, I will be more than willing to do it if a majority vote that it bothers you.

Ciao

Marc

It's not hard to code a check, it's just more work and more stuff for everyone to download. As far a I can tell the only way to get IE5.5+ to understand png transparency is through the "AlphaImageLoader" tag, so I'd have to switch what I'm using based on the browser.

I could do it, but since a bunch of people have responded that they don't care... I don't think I'm going to :)

M

I use IE at home...but that's just because I too lazy to say 'too hell with it!' and install linux and be free of windows forever....so if I get weird browser issues I know it's my fault...so I say go with the right standards...

I agree with the people here. I do this on all my machines now: download Firefox and install it, make it the default browser, remove the shortcuts from quick launch and the desktop to IE. If it makes you feel better, you can also change the icon on your quick launch to use IE's.