Applying Refraction to a portion of an object via textures.

Hi, 

I am using Substance Painter to paint textures on my object, I have a portion of the object that is glass and I have painted the opacity map and it looks good but when I bring the textures in Houdini I am not getting any refraction effects that we typically get in a glass sphere. I am connecting the opacity map into opacity color and also applying inverse map of opacity to refraction color. But I am not getting proper refractions. Opacity is working fine.

Please help.

• 3 weeks later...

To debug certain parts of shops, I always attach a portion that could be incorrect (or correct and misunderstood) strictly to Ce to just check out what it looks like. Try debugging your shader step by step to see what you may have done wrong. If you need more help please upload to cloud for sharing.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 3:24 AM, TheDude said:

To debug certain parts of shops, I always attach a portion that could be incorrect (or correct and misunderstood) strictly to Ce to just check out what it looks like. Try debugging your shader step by step to see what you may have done wrong. If you need more help please upload to cloud for sharing.

Thanks a lot..

I found out a way, the opacity map that I exported from substance painter should be inverted and connected to the refraction color channel and everything works fine. :) No need to connect anything to the opacity channel.