Pyro sim disappears after frame 10

ndeboar

Hey,

I am simulating a cloud puff. The first 10 frames sim fine, then on frame 11 my sim disappears, which isn't quite what I was going for. I have attached the hip file. Any ideas a greatly appreciated :) 

This is my first day with Pyro (been thrown into a the deep end on a job), so I might be missing something obvious. 

Read on if you interested, but the above is my first concern of the day......

I don't expect anyone to do my work for me, but if anyone has any top tips on achieving an effect like this:

I am all ears! Currently I am emitting density from particles, using a heavily borrowed/stolen version of this:

http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=HoudiniDops#Advect_smoke_with_particles

In my initial tests, before things went wonky, the smoke 'moved' too much compared to this reference. What is a good way to calm a pyro sim down? 

Thanks in advance!

Nick

cloudPuffOD.zip

It seems to be related to the 'VDB Vector Merge'. For some reason, that causes everything do disappear after frame 10. For now, I am converting the 3 vector floats to a vector in a volume wrangle:

vector vVel = set(@vel.x,@vel.y,@vel.z);

Seems to be working??

Hmm, fixed it again (sorry for all the spam). Just moved the convert vdb to the end of the node tree. Odd though, is it a bug?

Edit: Annd its gone again, at a later frame now. 

Edited by ndeboar