FLIP - Hold tip of a snot?

ParticleSkull

There has to be a better way to do this surely?

one thing to bear in mind is what kind of motion.. eg.. it looks snot like as it hangs but ideally you want it to hang and sit there not continue to fall and pull the rest down.

So it needs to stretch somewhat but then return to its original snot length maybe?  

It still needs to be manipulatable eg able to be pinned to a mesh and move with that.. if rotated (eg pinned to a moving head) it inherits that rotation (Like a parent constraint)

how about a wire solver as described earlier on.. then create a snot hangin droplet shape and perhaps use the wire to deform it? (Lattice or point deform)..  If you wanted to after then convert it to a grains sim with constrains and pin to animation?

It might sound a bit heavy but grains alone doesn't seem to be giving as much control.  With a hybrid wire grains method you could essentially pin then use wrangles and stuff to make the grains hang or drop if needed?

Sorry for the essay lol. It's just an attempt to mentally reset what's needed from it.. there's nice results with the grains to a point but then they constantly try to fight forces so there is a constant need to wrangle against that. With a wire it hangs swings and can maintain its length and stretch a bit if needed?

The wire solver could totally work but it doesn't look efficient. It wouldn't be easy if you have a lot of snot to do.

Something like a pintoanimation would be just perfect but I couldn't make it work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong though

@anthonymcgrath  ""Warrington UK... the VFX limbo of nowhere" lol, you should see here, Porto União - Brazil, I'm sure it can't get more nowhere then here :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

sounds cool mate - i need to get on it but haven't had chance as i'm in London and haven't been at my home pc since end of March lol - we have access to houdini in the office here but i dont think its h16 - i did attend the Amarok Seminar in London though and that was really cool - H16 looks stupid powerful and i need to get involved with it!