Trouble activating Redshift for Windows Houdini 15.5.621

Froman26

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Redshift demo for use with Houdini, and I've been having trouble following the documentation on how to activate it for proper usage. It reads:

Run the exe file. After installation, Redshift and the Houdini plugin will be installed in the C:\ProgramData\Redshift default folder. The Houdini plugin will be in the subfolder Plugins\Houdini.  Log files, your license file (if using a node-locked license) and the Redshift preferences file are also stored in C:\ProgramData\Redshift.

To use Redshift with Houdini, you'll need to edit your houdini.env file to include the following lines (Note the direction of the slashes!):

HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2

PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH"

HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/15.5.480;&"

However I am unable to find the Houdini.env file in question anywhere on my computer. I've looked under Users>(Me)>Documents>Houdini15.5 ----- However I am still unable to find the .env file under this specified directory. I also have hidden files and folders checked ON with my machine. The documentation for this plug-in doesn't seem to specify where this file is exactly.

Can anyone please help? This is quite frustrating, I have no idea what a .env file even is to be quite honest.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Froman26 said:

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Redshift demo for use with Houdini, and I've been having trouble following the documentation on how to activate it for proper usage. It reads:

Run the exe file. After installation, Redshift and the Houdini plugin will be installed in the C:\ProgramData\Redshift default folder. The Houdini plugin will be in the subfolder Plugins\Houdini.  Log files, your license file (if using a node-locked license) and the Redshift preferences file are also stored in C:\ProgramData\Redshift.

To use Redshift with Houdini, you'll need to edit your houdini.env file to include the following lines (Note the direction of the slashes!):

HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2

PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH"

HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/15.5.480;&"

However I am unable to find the Houdini.env file in question anywhere on my computer. I've looked under Users>(Me)>Documents>Houdini15.5 ----- However I am still unable to find the .env file under this specified directory. I also have hidden files and folders checked ON with my machine. The documentation for this plug-in doesn't seem to specify where this file is exactly.

Can anyone please help? This is quite frustrating, I have no idea what a .env file even is to be quite honest.

Thank you!

If you search in the redshift3d forums or google you will find the answer.

On Windows I believe its here

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\<houdinixxx.xxx>

also

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/13416/?page=1#post-63552