Odforce Birds Of Feather?

I wanted to know if odforce is arranging any type of birds of feather meetup.

It would be really cool to meey everyone during siggraph and I know sigg. one can arrange a birds of feather. Offcourse there is the houdini party but it would be cool to get lunch or something during siggy.

So... question is; Could odforce arrange such a meetup?

Thanks

ps heres is the weblink:- http://www.siggraph.org/s2005/main.php?f=conference&p=birds

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

haha... now now kids, lets not get carried away here.

Perhaps we should just organise a lunch/dinner or something? The birds of a feather thing seems a little formal. Also, I had a look and there's no mention of alcohol anywhere in the sign up forms... that just won't do.

M

haha... now now kids, lets not get carried away here.

Perhaps we should just organise a lunch/dinner or something? The birds of a feather thing seems a little formal. Also, I had a look and there's no mention of alcohol anywhere in the sign up forms... that just won't do.

M

18290[/snapback]

OK then, lets start a new track at siggraph. I propose we call it "Bums of a Bottle". Bringing alchohol preferfably in an oversized container poorly concealed in a ratty brown paper bag will be a requirement.

OK then, lets start a new track at siggraph. I propose we call it "Bums of a Bottle". Bringing alchohol preferfably in an oversized container poorly concealed in a  ratty brown paper bag will be a requirement.

18311[/snapback]

brilliant!!!

Ill bring some newspaper :bag:

Hey Guys,

Well you know I don't think I have heard of anyone talk about particles while being drunk this should be fun. lol Have one eye open as they voxel bitch. lol I hope to see all of you guys there. Hit me up I would like to hand out with as many of you guys as I can. :) This is my favorite group of animators. :) Of course I will be at the Houdini Users Group Meeting and the Party. I will probably be at the Softimage Users Group Meeting too. Lots of Courses/Papers also. :)

Cell:678-642-7298

Email: MatrixNN@Bellsouth.net

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

Hey! Im kinda new to the forum but would really like to meet everyone. Im going to be at Siggraph and Im pretty sure Im signed up to help out at the Houdini User Group booth there. So if everyone's going let me know! Like I said I'd like to meet up with you guys. Thanks!

Hey! Im kinda new to the forum but would really like to meet everyone. Im going to be at Siggraph and Im pretty sure Im signed up to help out at the Houdini User Group booth there. So if everyone's going let me know! Like I said I'd like to meet up with you guys. Thanks!

18368[/snapback]

Cool a SCAD student sure hop on in the waters fine. Are you a VFX track SCAD student? BS or MS?

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

• 2 weeks later...

Birds of a feaather meet up???

As Darth said: "nooooooooo!!!"

The Sydney Chapter of SIGGRAPH met up once on one of those birds of a feather things and it was the saddest of sad things in the world. They just give you this empty room, full of tables and chairs and a sign on the door freshly printed from the nearest laser-printer. There's NOTHING in there. Maybe water. And as you approach the room you'll see deperate members hanging halfway in the doorway looking for others. Actually, I'd got the day wrong, and so happened to be casually strolling past when I saw them clawing for aanybody to join'em. Fill the room! Fill the room! whaaaatevah. Everyone there was going, like, "ummm... i'm just going to see if 'so and so' is coming. I'll be RIGHT BACK here i promise. Hold the Fort, eh?" ... It was a trap.

Pick a siggraph party. Make the secret odforce sign.

ehrich.

• 1 month later...

So if we planned to meet up somewhere, hypothetically at a restaurant, on the 1st of August.

Who would be able to come? Also, let us know where you'll be staying. It would be nice to pick a central spot that would be relatively easy for everyone to reach.

M