Transferring same hair setup over multiple shots!

Harsh

Hello my Houdini Folks, I hope you guys are doing well and creating A class Sims.

I am tasked with creating Houdini fur for a talking animal, We are replacing the mouth with the animated one on the live action puppet. So basically my task is to match the groom with the plate. 

We first were looking at the Xgen Approach given its in Maya and we can render from Maya itself. But because Xgen is a pain and very buggy i transferred the task to be done in Houdini and rendered out in Mantra. 

I have the groom which looks if not the same, close to the puppet. But now the issue is to transfer the same fur over multiple shots with different camera info for continuity sake.  

I exported the camera and animating geo in Houdini. But with each shot, the geo is at different location in space because each shot is tracked separately.

For transferring the fur over accurately, the geo needs to be in close proximity, with slight change in positions. 

I tried the recache strokes and transfer based on UV approach. But still, to get the groom match accurately it has to have same position as the fur geo we are transferring from. 

Did anyone in the community have worked with Houdini fur and transported the fur over multiple shots with different camera and geo positions? 

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Harsh