[SOLVED]Color Meaning For Keyframed Fields?

Atom

Hi All,

I have been writing some python code which generates keyframes for channels.

I know that Green means the current frame has a keyframe.

I know that Dark Cyan means this field is keyframed but the current frame is not the keyframe.

I know that Dark Gold means you have typed in a number but have not locked the number in as a keyframe.

But I don't know what Dark Red means?

When I inspects the red keyframes in the Animation Editor, they seem valid.

Does anyone know what red keyframes means?

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

Yep, that was it, my node expression language was Python so the bezier() expression was not evaluating because it is hScript. Once I switched back to hScript all my fields have turned green.

@ciliath: So you were right about it being an expression in the field. I guess the Dark Red means the expression has errors or can not evaluate.

If you set your node expression language to Python, any parameter that is set to Hscript will be highlighted in dark red. (it does not mean that the Hscript has errors)

Otherwise, if you set your node expression language to the default Hscript, any parameter that is set to Python will be highlighted in dark red. :)

I suppose those color indicators are there because Houdini allows writing both languages on the same node.

From the docs:

You can mix-and-match expressions in different languages (HScript or Python) on the same node. Parameters that use a different language from the node’s default language are highlighted in pink.