Houdini hair problem

sinarhp

Hi everyone

I just recently started playing around with Houdini hair after finishing a very difficult job done with Yeti.

I am trying to assess houdini hair as a possible new solution for hair and fur.

But I have one small issue that I cant find any solutions for it:

Basically after setting up the fur for the model (I am using the Add Fur tool from the shelf) everything is fine and I can use the different attributes like length and bend to adjust the overall look,

But as soon as I groom the fur using one of the shelf tools like "length adjust" or "cut hair" I cant tweak the overall attributes like length or bend etc anymore and it seems like after grooming the hair using any of these tools I lose the ability to adjust the overall attributes.

I was wondering if this is probably a bug in hair tool?

I have attached my test scene as well.

I would appreciate any helps.

Thanks in advance!

Sina 

fur_pipe_test_01_v01_t05.hip

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/10/2016 at 7:40 AM, sinarhp said:

Hi everyone

I just recently started playing around with Houdini hair after finishing a very difficult job done with Yeti.

I am trying to assess houdini hair as a possible new solution for hair and fur.

But I have one small issue that I cant find any solutions for it:

Basically after setting up the fur for the model (I am using the Add Fur tool from the shelf) everything is fine and I can use the different attributes like length and bend to adjust the overall look,

But as soon as I groom the fur using one of the shelf tools like "length adjust" or "cut hair" I cant tweak the overall attributes like length or bend etc anymore and it seems like after grooming the hair using any of these tools I lose the ability to adjust the overall attributes.

I was wondering if this is probably a bug in hair tool?

I have attached my test scene as well.

I would appreciate any helps.

Thanks in advance!

Sina 

fur_pipe_test_01_v01_t05.hip

I played around with fur a bit and had the same problem. grooming just instantly disables changing any parameters. weird.