Issues with Network License Server of Render Farm Node

Hi all,

So, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get mantra to render using backburner. One of many issues I have on the remote machine is that mantra will not render because it cannot attain a license. All I get is:

License Error: Unable to connect to hserver for license acquisition

Ok, fine. It should get the license from the license server running on my workstation. But I cannot get the remote machine to do this. It is apparently connected to the correct license server (see attached image)...it just doesn't work.

Also, all firewalls are turned off. I've read everything I can find on the subject and am now completely out of ideas.

I submitted the question to SESI yesterday, but not gotten a reply yet. 

server.jpg

Edited by Anti-Distinctlyminty

Hi Alexander,

The server, according to hkey in the screenshot above, is set to the correct machine (my workstation, WorkstationL) - also, I'm on windows so I'm unsure how to translate the Linux commands on the link you provided :/ In any case, I just don't get why mantra doesn't work as the server set is correct.

I set this up following the instructions here https://www.sidefx.com/docs/hqueue/help/faqs.html

Yet, this doesn't seem install hserver, so there is no hserver on the client machine. But surely that's needed to actually contact sesinetd on my workstation? I'm really quite confused :/

44 minutes ago, sasho78 said:

Are you installing houdini on the remote machine or just copying it? There are few environments and services that are needed to be initialized on windows, so copying it might not work straight forward.

I did install it to the shared location as instructed (T:\__Houdini), so that every possible render farm machine can access the common install. Also HQueueClient is installed on each machine as instructed (I'll find the link shortly).

Edited by Anti-Distinctlyminty

I did go trough this before some time ago, configuring HQueue in a windows environment and I did had some issues here and there. Sadly I can't look at the setup or remember what exactly I did before, but usually when hkey says that license is ok, then houdini should be fine. It could be something really trivial to fix, but it can be pain to solve such problems remotely without looking in to the setup itself. But that won't stop us from trying ;)