Sign in to follow this  
callebalik

HBatch and cpu usage

Hi,

Trying to render a particle simulation to Alembic via hbatch. Using Hbatch since I am rendering on one of our rendernodes which does not have a graphics card and therefore unable to launch GUI.
The rendernode have dual Xeon 8core processors. When rendering CPU usage keeps jumping up and down. Maxing out at around 60% tops. Am I doing something wrong?

My command is "render [name_of_node] -V 4

Thanks in advance!

Calle

The cpu isn't the only bottleneck, it's most likely network I/o slowing it down.

During the dips in cpu usage, I'm guessing that data is being sent from that rendernode to wherever your saving the .abc

You could try saving the .abc locally to that rendernode and then doing a copy after it's generated and that might speed things up slightly

21 hours ago, jkunz07 said:

The cpu isn't the only bottleneck, it's most likely network I/o slowing it down.

During the dips in cpu usage, I'm guessing that data is being sent from that rendernode to wherever your saving the .abc

You could try saving the .abc locally to that rendernode and then doing a copy after it's generated and that might speed things up slightly

Thanks, sounds likely. Will try that.