Fever Dreams

shawn_kearney

been battling a viral infection lately and haven't slept in days due to endless nightmares about DOPs, SOPs and VOPs. Tangled spaghetti messes that don't make any sense at all, sometimes even my blankets feel like wires wrapped tightly around my body.

Sounds funny, perhaps. But its starting to get frustrating.

Have you ever had CG nightmares?

Edited by shawn_kearney

Once in a while, if I've been working too much, I will have these restless nights where my half-asleep mind is trying to crack some CG problem related to what's going on at work. But like a dream, nothing makes sense or "connects", so the old noodle is sort of stuck in a loop going over the problem again and again. Unpleasant and annoying, but nothing like being awake for days. I hope you feel better!

The worst scenario is when you are with friends at a restaurant or at home and you start to see refraction / anisotropy / caustics / viscosity everywhere in the real world ...

That mean you seriously need to take some holliday and stay in a galaxy far far away from any computer for a min of 1 weeks ... :) 

• Like 1

While I was at school and learning modeling, I had an awful nightmare where a vertex was going out of my topology and moving it self to infinity, eventually it pop out from my far clip plane of "camera" (aka my eyes"). I tried to move myself, firstly by pressing the "F" key (I was in Maya in my dream) but it didn't worked so I slided and slided and slided but nothing worked... Eventually I woke up and go to school, fearing to have the same issue for real...