anopara

Hello, everyone!

I'm very excited to share my Procedural Lake Houses tutorial series, where I show how to generate the houses all the way from base silhouette to final shading. 

f4f1bc_fbd43f338a4747fdb06a4d51dba378bc~

14940181_1172024279556443_82897202978203

Example of the Generated Content:

Link to cmiVFX page: https://cmivfx.com/products/494-procedural-lake-house-building-creation-in-houdini-volume-1

Thank you for watching and have a good day! :)

Edited by anopara
  • Like 7

anopara, looks great!
I'll be purchasing with my next paycheck!
I've long been amazed by Kim Goosen's roof generator... here, particularly how the roof elements seem really to cut off on the edges. Yours seem to just penetrate - which is fine for non-closeups. Do you show generation of cut elements ie. as one roof element cuts into another?

2 minutes ago, stickman said:

anopara, looks great!
I'll be purchasing with my next paycheck!
I've long been amazed by Kim Goosen's roof generator... here, particularly how the roof elements seem really to cut off on the edges. Yours seem to just penetrate - which is fine for non-closeups. Do you show generation of cut elements ie. as one roof element cuts into another?

Thank you, David! Yes, Kim's examples are always truly inspiring :)  

I do not indeed account for the roofs intersection with another elements, as it was not my goal in this project. One of the goal was to automatocally generate roofs that recognize its relationship with the building and the roofs-neighbours. Based on those parameters, the height and elevations are calculated and the merging is determined. 

I have a trick there how I account for intersection of the building blocks, when creating the silhouette. But I'm not sure it will work on the roofs.

Hope, that answers your question :) And if you have any other questions when following the tutorial, do not hesitate to contact me here or mail me at anastasiaopara@gmail.com 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.11.2016 at 1:59 PM, ciliath said:

Cool!!

How many parts are there gonna be if I may ask?

On 28.11.2016 at 9:31 PM, michael said:

I believe there are 4 volumes

On 28.11.2016 at 10:00 PM, bonsak said:

Quoting the product page :)
"A year in the making, cmiVFX releases volume 1 of a 5-volume, 17-hour mega-course showing...."

There are 5 Volumes in total indeed :)