anopara

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting times and a big update: the tutorials are now released through gumroad (https://gumroad.com/anopara), which is great news as it will be cheaper and I will be able to maintain the content directly J The volumes on cmivfx will be removed. If you bought the tutorial through cmivfx earlier, write to me (I can find you in the database or show me the receipt), and I will give you an access to the volumes you purchased free of charge on gumroad. If you have bought all 3 existing volumes on cmivfx, you are awesome, and when 4th volume comes out, it will be a gift for you!

Thanks to you, guys, this is a great journey that pushes me to explore new things. Without your support, it wouldn't be possible. Wholeheartedly thank you, Anastasia

AnastasiaOpara2016_proceduralLakeVillage_thankyou.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, pusat said:

Don't skip if you think it's not for fx tds, as SOPs are at the core of every Houdini artist IMO.

^ absolutely agree! Whatever you do, it starts and ends in SOPs.

Well, mostly, at least! :D

Edited by Farmfield
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AaronAb said:

Awesome to see these on gumroad! One question,  is the 4th volume only free to people who purchased on CMIVFX?

Hi Aaron,

That is correct, the 4th volume will be free only for people who made a direct purchase of all 3 volumes on cmivfx (no subscriptions). It is my way of compensating (as the tutorials are now cheaper on gumroad than they were on cmivfx) and saying "thank you" :) 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 10:43 PM, anopara said:

Hi Aaron,

That is correct, the 4th volume will be free only for people who made a direct purchase of all 3 volumes on cmivfx (no subscriptions). It is my way of compensating (as the tutorials are now cheaper on gumroad than they were on cmivfx) and saying "thank you" :) 

This is very generous of you! I am curious if you are planning to offer a bundle discount on gumroad for all 5?

7 hours ago, AaronAb said:

This is very generous of you! I am curious if you are planning to offer a bundle discount on gumroad for all 5?

After some time after all the volumes are released, yes, I'm planning to add a bundle option :)

• Like 2

I guess this tutorial not for beginner. 

I don't understand what's happen because you do too quickly and not in basic.

Anyway, I don't familiar and new with VEXpression.

So this course is too difficult for me. Sorry but I must say that.

I hope you can put a knowledge required to understand this course.

Thank you

Edited by Vu Phan

I would propose that's fairly obvious looking only 15 seconds into the promo video there's a wrangle with a for loop - even not being able to identify that as a for loop, well, that's in itself pretty telling it's not gonna be very light learning. Now, to be honest, it's not overly complicated stuff either (jump into the FLIP fluid solver subnet for a relevant comparison) and that's good to know as this is the kinda stuff you're getting into, learning Houdini - you're gonna need some dedication and put a lot of time into it, if you're serious about getting into this app. :)

Edited by Farmfield
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vu Phan said:

I guess this tutorial not for beginner. 

I don't understand what's happen because you do too quickly and not in basic.

Anyway, I don't familiar and new with VEXpression.

So this course is too difficult for me. Sorry but I must say that.

I hope you can put a knowledge required to understand this course.

Thank you

No worries :) I understand

I mention in the promo that I expect a good knowledge of Houdini UI and some basic knowledge of VEX (or checking official documentation before starting) as indeed I never stop to explain that, otherwise, the course would simply be beyond my scope. As well as on SideFX website, I marked the series as "Intermediate".

Hope, one day it won't seem too difficult to you anymore ;) 

Hi, everyone! I hope, you had amazing Christmas and New Year and it brought you many happy moments and new experiences.

For me, it was a great time to continue sharing more knowledge with you and I'm very excited to announce that Volume 4 is out now and available on gum.co/sVtLq :)

PS: I have received some very nice updates on what people are doing with the course and it is very inspiring to see that you bring some of your own creative charge into the tutorial! Thank you for the feedback and I hope to see some more amazing examples

Edited by anopara
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The final Volume 5 is now online on Gumroad (gum.co/qXIjl)!

It’s been such a great journey creating this series for you, guys. I can't express how very inspiring it is to be a part of such a wonderful community and meeting so many amazing people along the way. A big universal thank you! Keep learning, creating and reaching impossible step by step every day!

• Like 4