how to make pop source emit smoothly/continuously?

catchyid

Hi,

When emitting particles from a fasting moving object, the particles look like cigarette puffs, i.e. instead of a continuous stream of particles I got discrete emission pattern (see attached). To solve the problem I've increased DOP network node substeps to 100, but that did not fix the problem! Also increased POP Solver min/max substeps to 100, but that did not fix the problem as well! Any advise? 

Thanks

pop_question.png

it's no necessary to increase the sub-steps...

if your point count or topology doesn't change in the source,  its more precise to use the birth interpolation method to "Match Topology". 

if not, you need to compute your points velocities first with a Trail SOP, and then, change the interpolation method to "use Point Velocity".

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/17/2016 at 0:43 AM, Martin47 said:

it's no necessary to increase the sub-steps...

if your point count or topology doesn't change in the source,  its more precise to use the birth interpolation method to "Match Topology". 

if not, you need to compute your points velocities first with a Trail SOP, and then, change the interpolation method to "use Point Velocity".

Hey Martin, I'm just a beginner. I'm using POP Location to emit particles which is moving fast so particles are not being emitted continuously but in discrete manner. Now where to use Trail sop? I'm not using any Source emitter. Can you explain how to do this step by step?

Sure, have you already tried to change the "Jitter Birth Time" and "Interpolate Source" parameter?

basically it creates particles with a random age and moves it according to their initial velocity, then the interpolation method decides where in the source to interpolate (forward or backward).

look at the file.

jitter-birth.hipnc

• Like 1