Crease on Flat Objects

galagast

If you are asking why this doesn't work, I have no clue, however is you select the "creases" in the subdivide SOP it apparently does work, see here 

CaKxNUb.png

Also, if you set the "creaseweight" attr. in a vertice wrangler it also works with your previously selected edges. Although it seems changing the value in the wrangler doesn't change anything (that is, 0.1 and 10000 looks the same), it's like it's either on or off

Hi Vitor, thank you for the response.

In your screenshot, it still retained the RED edges. I'm guessing it's because the crease selection are primitives integers.
I'm looking into retaining only the GREEN edges:
crease_edges_2.jpg

Interestingly, I also tried with the Vertex Wrangle approach.. (thanks for the tip!)
crease_edges_3_network.jpgcrease_edges_3.jpg

It's almost there.. But oddly enough, it is still retaining some of the RED edges.
I looked at the attribute editor, and it seems the @creaseweight values are on the correct vertices:
crease_edges_3_attribs.jpg

It doesn't seem to be working as expected.. Or I'm just misunderstanding the proper crease usage. :D