OpenGL

Stremik

I think this one will do

GLInfo

This handy little utility lets you examine your OpenGL driver's capabilities in detail. GLInfo provides a list of all supported pixel formats, supported OpenGL extensions, and details about the driver's implementation-specific limitations (max. texture size, stack depths, ect). GLInfo can also save its reports to a text file.

here

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I've downloaded this little utility and it tells me that I use OpenGL version 1.1.0 (I'm running Windows 2000 SP3)

I went to opengl.org and there looked for an update or something and I did'nt find anything! It only said there that if I'm looking for a newer version of OpenGL I should install the latest drivers for my videocard and it will all be included in the drivers. FAT CHANCE! GLInfo still detects only OGL 1.1.0 DAMMIT!!!

Does anyone know of some other way to find out which version of OGL is installed(in case GLInfo does something wrong)?

Better yet... does OpenGL exist in form of an executable?

If yes, where?

I just want to install it and forget about it.

Arrrrrrr....... :angry:

(Bad hair day)

Very few video manufacturers have upgraded their drivers to be opengl 1.2 compliant. So if your video manufacturer doesn't have an opengl 1.2 driver then you will need to find a card that does. Why do you need opengl 1.2 anyhow? It doesn't really add very much.

I have this Radeon 8500 which, since the last driver release, works fine with Houdini but there still are a fiew bugs. I know that this card is compatable at least with OpenGL 1.2 and I thought the fact that I have OGL1.1 on my system might contribute to a flaky behaviour of the Radeon.

• 4 years later...